Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Gardening in July


The annuals are starting to pop out bright colors.
Zinnias, sunflowers, and marigolds.




Calendula came up again this year in several spots. I pulled some young plants that I thought were weeds before I realized what it was. I need to read again how to harvest the flowers for medicinal purposes.


A hybrid squash. I thought I'd planted spaghetti squash, but this one looks a bit different than normal.


Cucumber plants climbing up the tepee.







The corn patch. 
We ate like kings for over a week, every day feasting on sweet, buttery goodness. Until Cora lost her very first front tooth, then it became not so queenly for her to munch on an ear as she rather gnawed at it on the side of her mouth.





***garden goodness***

No comments:

Post a Comment