Pages

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

My First Mall Shopping Experience... By Annie

Friday morning, November 7th, around 9:30 a.m. Grandma and I headed toward Roanoke to go shopping. She was planning to get some gifts for Caroline, Cora, and me. We went to Joann Fabrics first and bought sewing supplies for the sewing basket Grandma had already gotten me and I got some stickers.We were in Joann's about 2 1/2 hours shopping. We ate at Chipotle's. Grandma ordered a  chicken salad and I got a chicken burrito.Then we went to Dollar Tree. I bought some cards and caramels for Mamaw, my other Grandma's birthday. Grandma also got some cards. Next we made a stop at Sweet Frog. I filled up my cup with strawberry and vanilla ice cream, gummy worms, mini chocolate cups, butter finger pieces, and nerds on top. 
Then we went to Target and hit the $1 items: cards, chocolate covered sunflower seeds, chapstick, notebooks, and pens. Goodwill was next. I ended up with 2 jumpers, 1 shirt, and 1 sweater. Grandma got clothes for Caroline, Cora, and Meg. We drove to JC Penny's and Grandma returned something. To top the day off we went to A.C. Moore. I purchased stickers and glittery letters; Grandma got cardstock paper. We made a stop to get feed for guineas. Then headed back to Grandpa and Grandma's house.

Grandpa and Grandma, Grandpa Guy, and the Reeds had a birthday supper for Riley and me. We ate fish, coleslaw, mashed potatoes, salad, and pumpkin cake for dessert. From Grandpa and Grandma I got: a sewing basket, big scissors, little scissors, decorative pins, dressmaker pins, multi-colored pins, seam ripper, buttons, safety pins, thread, snaps, magnetic pin cushion, fabric to make snap purses, chipboard buttons, and chapstick. From Grandpa Guy I got $10 and from the Reeds I got ankle socks. It was a fun and an eventful day and a delicious yummy supper!

No comments:

Post a Comment