The next set to produce was a dirt hole out on the milo field a 1/4th of a mile from the house by an oil field drive. It caught a coyote a couple weeks after the set was made.
It went a little while... One day I went with Daddy down to Sawyer to work on something at the farm where he used to work, and saw lots of coon tracks. I set three traps. One connected with a coon the first night. There was nothing for a couple more nights, then a coon opened the connector on the trap chain and got away with the trap. Several days later we were back down at Sawyer. I set two more traps to make it three again. About a week later one connected with another coon. During that time on a trip to Sawyer, we picked up a coon that had been hit on the road. That was the day before season ended.
The next week after season ended we took everything to the fur buyer. I got $125 for the bobcat, $25 each for two coyotes, and $12 for one coyote. As for the other two; I messed one up trying to skin it while it was frozen and had to throw it out, the other one was too mangy to keep. I got $20 for one coon, $14 for one coon, and $7 for one coon. I'm happy with what I got this season. Next season I hope to catch 10 coyotes, 3 bobcats, and 15 coons.